The 2021 Dallas Amateur Championship (DAC) is presented by Omni Hotels & Resorts. The DAC is a 36-hole medal-play championship golf tournament with 5 competitive divisions for amateur golfers, ages 22 and older. Net proceeds of the Dallas Amateur Championship will benefit the I AM a Golfer Foundation.
The 2021 DAC will be hosted at Trinity Forest Golf Club on July 31st and August 1st. To compete in the championship rounds amateurs must qualify in one-of-six DAC qualifying rounds at Cedar Crest Golf Course.
DATES & REGISTRATION DEADLINES:
- DAC Qualifier #1 – Sunday, May 23rd - Deadline: May 20th at 3:00 pm
- DAC Qualifier #2 – Saturday, June 5th - Deadline: June 2nd at 3:00 pm
- DAC Qualifier #3 – Friday, June 11th - Deadline: June 8th at 3:00 pm
- DAC Qualifier #4 – Sunday, June 27th - Deadline: June 24th at 3:00 pm
- DAC Qualifier #5 – Friday, July 9th - Deadline: July 6th at 3:00 pm
- DAC Qualifier #6 – Saturday, July 17th - Deadline: July 14th at 3:00 pm
- DAC Championship – Saturday, July 31st & Sunday, August 1st - Deadline: July 20th at 3:00 pm
- Men’s Open (Handicap 6 or less)
- Women’s Open (Handicap 9 or less)
- Men’s Net (Handicap 15 or less)
- Men’s Senior Open (55+) (Handicap 6 or less)
- Women’s Senior Open (55+) (Handicap 9 or less)
Qualifier(s) - $95.00 (includes green fee, cart fee, and range balls)
Championship - $225.00 (includes green fee, cart fee, range balls, and on-course snacks & beverages for both rounds)
Amateur golfers ages 22 years of age and older. Amateurs must also have a current certified USGA handicap. Amateurs who currently compete on a college or junior college team are NOT eligible to compete.
The following categories of players are exempt from qualifying rounds. Exempt player registration deadline for the championship rounds is July 9, 2021.
- 2020 Dallas Amateur Division Champions & Runner Ups
- All Previous Dallas Amateur Division Champions
- First-place winners from the 2020 TGA Amateur Championships
Priority will be given to exempt players in the order they are received up until the exempt player entry deadline. NOTE: Exempt players may submit entry forms after the priority deadline has passed and will be processed on a first come first served basis on a space-available basis.
HOW TO REGISTER TO COMPETE:
Amateurs must register online at www.iamagolfer.com. Electronic payments will be required at the time of entry. Once the site, players can choose which qualifier he/she would like to compete in. Each qualifier is limited to a field of 120 players.
WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS:
In the event of withdrawal prior to the entry deadline, entry fees will be refunded and are subject to a $25.00 administrative fee. In the event of a withdrawal after the entry deadline, entry fees will be refunded and subject to a $50.00 administrative fee. No refunds will be given for withdrawals made less than 24 hours prior to the start of the competition. Refunds must be requested online through the DAC registration portal. See FAQs for more information.
Entries are subject to disqualification at any time, including during play. The reason for rejection may include false statements of handicap index, improper attire, and/or unbecoming conduct. Any person whose entry is accepted shall be subject to the “Rules and Conditions of Competition”, as set by the rules committee and USGA.
Championship Rounds – 36 holes of individual stroke play
Divisions - Amateur can compete in one-of-five divisions
- Men’s Open Division – Pony Tees (Blue)
- Women’s Open Division – Red Tees
- Men’s Net Division – White Tees
- Men’s Senior Open Division (55+) – White Tees
- Women’s Senior Open Division (55+) – Red Tees
In the championship round, players are required to play in the same division in which they qualified.
Qualifier Rounds – 18 holes of individual stroke play
Divisions - Amateur can compete in one-of-five divisions
- Men’s Open Division – Orange (Omni) Tees
- Women’s Open Division – Ruby Tees
- Men’s Net Division – Gold Tees
- Men’s Senior Open Division (55+) – Gold Tees
- Women’s Senior Open Division (55+) – Ruby Tees
PAIRINGS AND TEE TIMES
Pairings and tee times will be emailed to all players by Cedar Crest Golf Course. Pairings and tee times will be emailed 3 days prior to qualifier and available at www.iamagolfer.com by 5:00 p.m.
Players are paired on golf carts with players in his/her tee time. Players are encouraged to ride to keep up with the pace of play, however, players will have the option to walk. Single rider carts are NOT available. Pushcarts will be allowed during the event.
MEASURING DEVICES AND PERMITS
A player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his/her play (e.g., gradient, wind-speed, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
If you are uncertain about the legality of your distance measuring device, please consult a Rules Committee Member to verify the distance measuring device you are using is permitted.
The new USGA Groove Regulations will not be in effect for the Dallas Amateur Championship.
Proper golf attire is required during the Dallas Amateur Championship. and any applicable practice rounds. Competitors shall present a neat appearance, appropriate to the game of golf, in both clothing and grooming. Denim clothing shall not be worn at the host facility. Shorts and sleeveless and/or collarless shirts are considered appropriate attire.
All caddies are required to wear long pants or knee-length tailored shorts, and a collared shirt while at the host facility. Denim clothing, T-shirts, or shirts without collars shall not be worn. Caddies shall present a neat appearance in both clothing and personal grooming. Caddies shall wear smooth rubber- sole shoes preferably tennis or basketball shoes (golf spikes are not permitted).
Practice Rounds for Cedar Crest Golf Course may be booked up to 7 days of in advance. Practice Rounds for the Championship will be provided via email to qualified participants.
For all questions regarding the Dallas Amateur Championship at Trinity Forest Golf Club or the Championship Qualifiers at Cedar Crest Golf Course, please refer to the DAC's Frequently Asked Questions
Office: (469) 805-3942